COUPLES HELPING COUPLES
Meet Peggy and Doug:
Peggy and Doug use the Imago principles to help make their relationship passionate, vibrant and connecting. Peggy and Doug love sharing with other couples in the workshops these relationship skills and their own relationship challenges . Many feel they are living examples of how transformational the Imago process can be. Peggy and Doug compassionately share their experiences and demonstrate how a committed love relationship is the best place to grow as an individual. They are committed to helping others develop the skills and tools needed for a healthy, intimate, and loving relationship.
Peggy Halyard has been a Licensed Professional Counselor for over 17 years with a thriving practice in Houston. Psychology is her passion. She has had extensive training in couples therapy and is a Certified Imago Relationship Therapist and Certified Imago Relationship Couples Workshop Presenter. Peggy is known for her empathic style. Peggy provides marriage and couples counseling, individual counseling, and adolescent counseling in her private practice in Houston. Her prior experience includes working at the Neuropsychiatric Center in the Houston Medical Center.
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Masters of Arts Clinical Psychology, University of Houston -Clear Lake
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Houston – Clear Lake
- Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
- Certified Imago Relationship Couples Workshop Presenter
- for the "Getting the Love You Want" Workshop for Couples
- Advanced Imago Clinician
- Certified Anger Management Specialist
- University of Texas Medical Branch Clinical Preceptorship
- Employee Assistance Program Counselor Internship, NASA, Johnson Space Center
- Nomination for Mental Health Legacy of Leadership Award By Innovative Alternatives
- Past President, Houston Area Association for Imago Relationship Therapists (HAAIRT)
- Imago Global Membership Committee, Representative for Southern Central USA,
- Imago Relationships International
- President 2017, President 2015, President 2012, Treasurer (1997-1999), CEU Coordinator (2002-2007), The Net, Bay Area Mental Health Providers Network
- Family Law Mediator
Imago Relationships International:
“Is There More?” 2012 Award for Outstanding Volunteer Work
Nominated for Mental Health Legacy of Leadership Award By Innovative Alternatives.
The Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center Certificate of Commendation Presented to Peggy E. Halyard in recognition of her outstanding leadership, individual initiative and contributions in resource and program management for Space and Life Sciences Directorate.
President, Houston Area Association for Imago Relationship Therapists
Certified Imago Relationship Therapist Peggy Halyard Certified Imago Relationship Therapist
Certified Imago Workshop Presenter for the "Getting the Love You Want" Workshop for Couples
Advanced Imago Clinician.
and Peggy says:
"My Dad loved dogs and raised Pointers and surprised me with a horse named Shorty on my 12th birthday.
My grandfather trained horses in Cuba,
I love Doug, our family and family of friends, my dog Amy, a springer spaniel and Marie our grandkids curious cat,
I have always enjoyed riding horses especially Shorty ,
Hiking with Doug and seeing bears only from a distance in
Big Bend National Park,Texas and
presenting the " Getting The Love You Want" Couples Weekend Retreat Workshops in Houston with my husband Doug " Peggy Halyard
Doug has extensive training in Imago couples education and is a Certified Imago Couples Educator and a Certified Imago Couples Workshop Presenter. Doug is known for having inspirational presentations and a great sense of humor. By sharing his experience and insight, couples learn to connect in new ways.
Initially, Doug was also apprehensive about coming to an Imago workshop and empathizes with reluctant husbands/partners and is instrumental in providing a balanced environment 'for the guys' who may really want to relax for the weekend, play golf, or watch the game.
Doctor of Jurisprudence Law Degree, University of Houston
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Houston
- Attorney/Mediator- personal injury, employer/employee, business/commercial and family law disputes
- Certified Imago Relationship Educator
- Certified Imago Couples Workshop Presenter
- Imago Global Membership Committee, Representative for Southern Central USA, Imago Relationships International
- Member, Houston Bar Association, Administration of Justice Committee for 2017-2018 Bar Year
- Texas Association of Mediators
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association – Credentialed Mediator
- Association of Attorney-Mediators
- Charter Member of The Alternative Dispute Resolution Section of the Houston Bar Association
- Lifetime member, Greater Houston Chamber of Commerce
- Awarded “Lifetime Committeeman” status - Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Previous Dale Carnegie Human Relationship Instructor
- Mediation Training, A.A. White Dispute Resolution Institute
- Advanced Mediation Training, A. A. White Dispute Resolution Institute
Doug enjoys his Alternative Dispute Resolution practice with an emphasis on mediation. Conflict resolution types- personal injury, sexual harassment, discrimination, professional malpractice, oil and gas, real estate, probate, family law, employer/employee, and business/commercial.